E-Learning: Basics in Health Economics
E-learning tool (online)
This e-learning course provides an understanding of the key principles and methodological concepts of health economic evaluations.
The e-learning programme is based on the well-established face to face course on health economics offered by ECPM. The scientific content was developed by Prof. Thomas Szucs and Prof. Matthias Schwenkglenks and other specialists from the field.
The E-learning tool is an academic training, an elective module of the MAS in Medicines Development or continuing education course.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to describe:
- The fundamental concepts of health economics
- Key elements of health economic evaluation
- Assessment and analysis of published health economic study
- The importance of health economic/ pharmacoeconomic methods and concepts for the drug development process, clinical trials, and post-marketing surveillance
- How policy makers set priorities in health care and how health economic evaluations support this process
Structure and workload
The curriculum consists of 9 lessons with a duration of approximately 60 to 90 minutes each. In addition individual study such as critical appraisal of specific literature is required (in total: approx. 25 hours). Each lesson is aimed to achieve a set of learning outcomes, using interactive techniques to help reinforcing the taught topics. The training course provides an interactive environment for self-paced learning.
After successful completion of the e-learning course, 1 ECTS will be awarded (Certificate of Attendance from the University of Basel)
CHF 650.– (incl. VAT)
CHF 550.- (incl. VAT) for employees of universities and other nonprofit organisations.