E-learning: Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance
E-learning tool (online)
The e-learning course for drug safety and pharmacovigilance offers training to cover the broad range of drug safety from early preclinical testing, risk/benefit assessment and clinical adverse event signal detection and survey.
After successful completion of this e-learning module, the user will understand
- the role of drug safety in the successful development and usage of a medicine to the benefit of patients
- what safety-related questions need to be answered in early and late drug development
- tools, techniques and methodologies used in dug safety evaluation
- what frequent pitfalls related to drug safety considerations occur and why they can lead to discontinuation of drugs in development, label changes or even withdrawal of drugs from the market after launch
- how changes in safety assessment could become part of a new drug development paradigm.
The course incl. assessment provides 1 ECTS credit
CHF 650.– (incl. VAT)
CHF 550.- (incl. VAT) for employees of universities and other non-commercial institutions