Fundamentals in Health Economics
Planned for Spring 2019
For further information please fill in the tentative registration form:
This course intends to provide the participants with an understanding of the key principles and methodological concepts of health economics. The role of health-economic thinking in the drug development process is addressed. Two group exercises will complement lectures and discussions.
At the end of the course, the participants will
- Understand the fundamental concepts of health economics.
- Understand key principles of health economic evaluation.
- Be able to assess and appraise a published health economic analysis according to guidelines and checklists.
- Understand the importance of health economic/pharmacoeconomic methods and concepts for the drug development process, clinical trials, and post-marketing surveillance.
- Understand how policy makers set priorities in health care and how health economic evaluations support this process and understand the importance of health technology assessment in different health care systems.
- Understand rational choice and priority setting using economic evaluation.
The fees include meeting materials, lunch, coffee