Life Sciences Leadership and Business Strategies
September 26-27 and October 16-17, 2018
University of Basel, Advances Studies, Steinengraben 22, 4051 Basel
Deadline for Registration: July 31, 2018
Our Life Sciences Leadership Master Course explores in theory and practice what it takes to be an effective leader. Participants will get the core management skills they need for fully leverage the human capital of their company. The course aims to fill the gaps between leadership and management, vision and reality, strategy design and implementation in the Life Sciences / Health / Insurance Industries. Hence, science-minded managers should be turned into capable business leaders.
This course offers the basic principles of innovation leadership and gives insight into legal and health economics, portfolio management, and regulatory and financial basics in life science.
The course programme covers four days including presentations, company and industry relevant interactive teaching with case studies, practical exercises and short communication by participants.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to describe:
- Understand basic principles of innovation leadership for profitable growth, results through speaking and listening, morality, lead cross cultures, and communication strategies
- Describe new tools and practices in bringing a new molecule to market
- Be capable to utilise basics of legal and health economics including constraints of conducting a successful biopharmaceutical business
- Recognise evolving expectations from the regulatory and financial environment
- Outline the basics in various types of alliances, valuation of technologies, portfolio management, joint ventures, partnerships, pricing of drugs.
- Understand structuring successful collaborative arrangements between pharmaceutical companies, SMEs and universities
- Appraise the role and key competences and tasks of a CEO, including perspectives of an employee, a CEO and a board member
The course incl. assessment provides 3 ECTS credits
1800 CHF for academia and nonprofit organisations
Fee includes meeting materials, lunch, coffee.
ECPM European Center of Pharmaceutical Medicine, University of Basel