Summer Institute of the George Washington University & ECPM
Summer 2018, Washington D.C.
ECPM is organizing an international, multi-disciplinary summer institute at George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Washington, DC.
The program will explore how innovative drugs and devices are developed and regulated. Students will have the opportunity to study in Washington, DC; expand their international contacts by solving case studies with regulatory and quality experts from around the world; and visit regulatory agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). They will also meet with the government decision makers who control access to the market; listen to policy experts and thought leaders explain the ramifications of proposed regulatory initiatives; and attend sessions taught by the faculty who teach FDA investigators and reviewers.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the current regulatory science framework and its role in the decision-making about the risks and benefits of medical products.
- Describe innovative research tools and approaches in the field of regulatory science.
- Analyze the current healthcare climate and predict its influence on future health care initiatives.
- Identify regulatory strategies for product submissions and quality systems.
- Recognize new principles and methodological concepts of epidemiology and health economics and classify their impact on public health.
Date and Location
School of Medicine and Health Sciences of George Washington University in Washington, DC
Tuition Fee and Registration
tba (standard course fee)
tba(reduced fee) for university employees and non for profit organisations
Flight and Hotel
Have to be booked individually, directions regrading hotels close by the campus will be provided